Wordpress Shift8 plugin broken

I cannot access my Wordpress account or my website.

The Wordpress plugin was updated yesterday at 4.30pm and has caused the following error.

Warning : require_once(/homepages/36/d847607060/htdocs/app847694754/wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn/components/wp-cli.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/36/d847607060/htdocs/app847694754/wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn/shift8-cdn.php on line 17

Fatal error : require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/homepages/36/d847607060/htdocs/app847694754/wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn/components/wp-cli.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php7.4’) in /homepages/36/d847607060/htdocs/app847694754/wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn/shift8-cdn.php on line 17

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Can someone sort this out immediately as I cannot do anything if I cannot access my accounts.

Please contact me here on on my email ASAP.

Hello

There was an issue with a file not committing to wordpress’ SVN system for plugin updates.

To temporarily resolve the issue you can either do one of three things :

1. Remove the plugin folder wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn and re-install from scratch

2. Edit the file wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn/shift8-cdn.php and comment line 17 out.

So line 17 :

require_once(plugin_dir_path(__FILE__).'components/wp-cli.php' );

Becomes :

//require_once(plugin_dir_path(__FILE__).'components/wp-cli.php' );

1. Download the latest version (1.48) and overwrite the entire wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn folder with the downloaded copy

Hello kevinnivek,

Thanks for the reply and the solutions but my problem is that I cannot get into either my website or my Wordpress site. Also I do not have access to my .php files. Do I need that?
I’m no techie so maybe I’m missing the obvious but could you advise please.

Thanks

If you have FTP access for your site, login and delete the wp-content/plugins/shift8-cdn folder. Then re-install the plugin from scratch via Wordpress dashboard.